Thursday, January 31, 2013

Zucchini Bread

Coconut Zucchini Bread


I'm slowly but surely trying my luck at gardening and while I still have a lot to learn the one thing that I managed to produce....zucchini.  With this crop I had plenty of opportunities to try different recipes with this new squash friend of mine.  This is my zucchini bread that I make and it's fabulous and well loved by everyone that I've fed it too (I had a lot to share).

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c white sugar
2 c grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 c chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips (or just use the mini chips)

Preheat the oven to 325.  Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.  Start by mixing together the eggs and sugar, add in the rest of the wet items, then the zucchini.  Slowly add the flour and lastly the chips.  Divide the  mixture between the 2 pans and bake for appox 60-70 minutes, I start checking the loafs at about an hour and go from there as ovens can vary.  Just insert a tooth pick or butter knife in the center, when it comes out clean you're good to go.  Cool the loafs in the pan for a bit then transfer to a cooling rack.  These also freeze pretty good if you have any left over to freeze.

*Another version that I will make from time to time is Coconut Zucchini Bread, simply leave out the chocolate chips and add in 1/2 cup of coconut.  A yummy twist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment