Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole


This recipe just kind of happened one night and we have made it a few different ways since.  It is a quick throw together type of meal for those busy nights or when you're just not in the mood to make a big 'ol meal.


  • 1 - 2 pounds of ground beef, if making it for a couple of people I use 1 pound
  • 1/4 cup bacon bits or you could use fresh if you'd like
  • Lawry's Seasoning Salt & garlic salt, just a dash of each
  • 1/4 tsp of dried minced onion
  • 3 tbsp bbq sauce (optional)
  • 1 tube of crescent rolls
  • 1 pouch of Velveeta Cheese Sauce or about 1/3 of a loaf of Velveeta cut into cubes
  • Extra cheese for sprinkling if you'd like
Start by browning your meat on the stove, when about 3/4 of the way cooked drain off the grease and add the seasoning, bacon bits and onions. Stir in the cheese sauce and allow to melt, then add the bbq sauce if you'd like.  

For baking I use a 10 x 8 pan but I have also used a 13 x 9 baker and that works really well too.  Lightly spray the pan of choice with cooking spray and pour the meat mixture into the bottom of the dish them unroll the crescent rolls, placing them directly on top of the meat.  Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.  For serving I will sometimes sprinkle the top with a little extra cheese.  Cheese is good.

*I found this Velveeta Cheese Sauce at Dollar General for $1 a pouch.  It is just a pouch of cheese like you get in the box of mac and cheese, fabulous!  I'll admit I purchased all they had an put them in my pantry because I was fearful I might never find them again


No comments:

Post a Comment