Monday, February 11, 2013

Easy Cheesy Queso Dip


I have always made my queso this way and it could not be easier.  First off there are only 2 things that you need to buy, a block of Velveeta cheese and a jar of mild salsa.  I start by melting the cheese, microwave, stove top or as I usually do it for a party in a crock pot.  Cut up the cheese in to 1 inch squares for a faster and more even melt, stir it occasionally to prevent burning.  While the cheese is melting I pour the salsa into a blender (I use my ninja) and grind it up.  My personal fave is to have no chunks from the salsa so that is how far I blend mine.  Then simply pour it over the cheese and mix together, it's a crowd favorite.  *If I am making it in the crock pot I do not let the cheese melt all the way, I just pour everything in there together and mix it up a bit.  If you'd really like to get fancy there is another option too....brown up 1 pound of pork sausage, drain off the grease and stir it in for an extra hearty queso dip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment